Sunday, August 30, 2020

Moving to Santa Cruz Aug 2020

Things have started to change here in Bolivia, with announcements this week stating that restrictions will be lessened slightly in September. Further, it appears as though the number of cases is decreasing and the number of individuals sick and dying is significantly reduced. However, the decision to change the restrictions are being driven from an economic rather than a health perspective. 

 

It also now feels like everyone in Bolivia has had a personal experience of the virus. I have several friends who have been sick or have family members who are still very vulnerable. Here in Bolivia, there has also been a lot of political tension mainly around the upcoming elections with numerous protests and blockades. 

 

Over the last few months, I have struggled from time to time with all of the changes caused by Covid-19. I have really missed seeing my friends in person and being able to hug them. It has also been hard seeing things in Scotland as more activities of normal life have become possible. In particular, I would really love to be able to go to the beach with a couple of people and swim in the sea. However, throughout this time though I have felt a deepening trust in Jesus and have profound confidence in his presence in my life. 


 

I have also spent a lot more time volunteering with the foodbank over the last couple of weeks. This has been an incredible experience and a real blessing. It has been great being able to serve and use my Spanish practically, as I spoke with stallholders in the markets. I am extremely grateful to my friend who brought me into this wonderful team of volunteers. Yesterday it was really hard to say goodbye as I had been starting to form close friendships and have deep conversations about life and faith. 



I had to say goodbye as I am moving to Santa Cruz on Friday, where I will be starting to work in a children’s home and daycare centre. After spending 10 days with Craig and Amanda Cunningham as a form of quarantine. This is an opportunity that has come about after I decided that there wasn’t enough work for me in Oruro working directly with and alongside Bolivians. I am feeling apprehensive about this move but trusting that God will use me here. 


Here is a link to a video about the children’s home, to give you an idea of the place: https://youtu.be/6lz-u2spgH4







Thank you for supporting me and being interested in what I am doing. Please pray for these things:

 

  • Me as I move to Santa Cruz 
  • The children’s home and daycare centre where I will be working
  • Bolivia in general
  • Especially the hospitals as they continue to try to cope 
  • For those suffering because of the virus and poverty 
  • Also, for the political situation amidst upcoming elections. 
  • For the continuing work of the projects in Oruro 

 

Love and blessings,

Andrew 




No comments:

Post a Comment